Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Favorite Beauty Products

I decided to show my favorite beauty products just for fun.  Then I'm hoping some of you will do the same so I can branch out if I ever wanted to.
So let's begin.  I LOVE this stuff.
Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser.  My mom's friend's kids had perfect skin and she swore by this stuff.  My little sisters used it and now I do and I would like to swear by it as well.  It works!  I don't get nearly as many zits.  How great is that?


Clinique Moisture Surge is my newest love.  I got this as a white elephant gift but it is the greatest moisturizer EVER!  I only use it in the morning because it's expensive, but it keeps my makeup on and from my face getting greasy!  LOVE IT!

Mary Kay's Timewise Day Solution.  I don't know if it really works, but I think it does.  It's an age-fighting moisturizer. I put one squirt on with my Clinique Moisture Surge.  It has sunscreen in it to protect my face too, which is what I need cuz I'm getting some serious sun spots on my face and I'm only 30!  (Okay, almost 31).
Clinique Superbalanced Makeup for Dry/Combination skin.  This stuff rocks.  It's medium coverage but smooths out my skin quite well (minus those nasty sun spots).  I have this theory that we dry our faces out too much while trying to get rid of those zits so our skin overproduces the natural oils trying to compensate for losing so much.  SO my recommendation is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!  This stuff is awesome.

Mary Kay Eye Primer.  This stuff is one of my favorite products ever.  I put it just under my eyes and on my eyelids and no kidding, it keeps my eye makeup from smearing, creasing, running, etc.  And when I forget to use it my shadow doesn't got on as evenly and smoothly.  Greatest product.  Small tube but lasts FOREVER.  Like a year or more.

Love Mac Eyeshadow.  Period. (Not this color though!!!)
Also love Mary Kay Eyeshadows. This one is cheaper so more attractive.

Mac's eye brushes.  I would NEVER go back to using sponge applicators.  These brushes are fantastic---make my eyeshadow go on flawlessly.  And they are washable (I use shampoo) so they NEVER have to be thrown in the garbage!  Well worth the purchase.
Love Mary Kay's eyeliner.  Glides right on, stays on.  Couldn't get any better than that.
Mary Kay's Eyebrow Definer pencil is the truest hair color pencil I have ever used.  My grandma was sold on it long ago and my mom recently discovered it's wonderfulness.  So if you need to enhance your eyebrows without looking fake, here's the way to do it.
Mac's Lipglass.  This is a fabulous lipgloss that actually has color when it goes on, AND it stays on!  My favorite color is Oyster Girl.  Light pink--I don't do bright lip stuff.  I need to get more daring I guess!

Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara is great.  I get the lash lengthening one though because it's cheaper and still good!

But I think my newest favorite mascara is Clinique's Lash Power Mascara.  The only problem is that it doesn't come off with soap or eye makeup remover.  And not just water.  Well you only use water but then you have to pretty much pull it off your lashes.  Kind of a pain but it's the best I've used.

So there you have it.  That's what's in my makeup bag...what's in yours?  I guess I'm a Clinique/Mary Kay/Mac user only.  I haven't branched out much besides the cheaper products (Cover Girl, Maybelline, etc.) which I am NOT a huge fan of at all.  So if you have any cheaper secrets to share, let me know, or post it on your blog!

4 comments:

Joni said...

You have given me some fabulous tips! Where do you buy Mac???

Unknown said...

I've bought it at Nordstrom's and now they have individual stores in malls too,

Liz said...

I've been a Mac lover ever since I was introduced to it 2 years ago. Their products actually have color and color that stays on. Another mac product that i love besides their powder (love it), fast response eye cream (helps mosturize and clear up circles under your eyes) is what they call paint. It is used before you put on your eye shadow. Before I had this stuff my eye shadow would not even last for half a day, now it lasts all day, plus it adds a fun shimmer to the upper part of my eye brows. Loved this post, maybe I'll do the same.

Amy said...

I bought that Clean and Clear cleanser today!! Giving it a try!!