Monday, November 5, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

Okay all you people who are able to think up 6 interesting things about yourselves so easily, that's not fair! This was quite the challenge for me, as I realized I am not that interesting, not that original, and not that creative. I even had to get some ideas from Richie! Here's what we came up with. I'll dedicate numbers 1 to Richie, as he is the creator of the idea.


#1 I am VERY conscious of my personal dental hygeine. I actually love to brush and floss my teeth. By the end of the day, I often comment to Richie, "Oh I have GOT to go brush my teeth, they are so fuzzy!" He thinks that's that strangest thing. Haven't you ever felt like you have fuzz growing on your teeth?

#2 I remember faces VERY WELL. I often see people I "know" by their faces, and I usually go right up to them and say, "I know you!" And I really know that I do know them somehow. I often can't remember how. But the response I get 99 percent of the time is, "Oh! Hmm, I don't think I know you!" Richie's laughs all the time and comments, "You think you know everyone!"

#3 I absolutely HATE drains. I refuse to clean one out, get too close to one, or reach my hand down one to retrieve something I dropped. I would rather clean 25 toilets. Drains are DISGUSTING.

#4 I have a super sensitive sense of smell and sound. EVERYTHING smells! (Good or bad.) I smell stinky kids every day--especially in the morning when they haven't brushed their teeth. I smell their fabulous body odor in the afternoon after recess, and I just smell STINK when I re-enter my classroom at the end of the day. I smell other teacher's coffee breath too(that's one of the worst). I smell funky smells outside--dog poop and such. And I always think I smell smoke in my house from the residents above us. I am always asking Richie to talk a little more quietly, turn the tv down, turn the radio down, etc. The strange thing is, I am always saying "WHAT?" becuase I can't hear, or miss parts of conversations somehow. Go figure.



#5 I secretly love 70's music. I don't know why I get embarrassed about that, but it's probably one of my favorite types. (I really love music PERIOD) To name just a few, I like James Taylor, John Denver, Jim Croce, Bread, Chicago, Stevie Wonder, Carpenters, Ann Murray, Jonathan Edwards, Harry Nilsson, Billy Joel, The Eagles, BJ Thomas, Carole King, America, Abba, Beach Boys, Beatles, Jimmy Buffett, Phil Collins, Neil Diamond, Fleetwood Mac, and Simon and Garfunkle. I can't think of any more. My parents are proud of me. =)



#6 I want a scooter. BAD.

I tag Rachel, Amy, Kim, Brooke, and MY MOM, as soon as she gets her page! Have fun thinking up 6 interesting things about yourselves! Can't wait to read them!

5 comments:

J n Bee said...

Yo Ang! What a fun blog! I loved reading your tag. Am I it?

Brooke

Liz said...

Geez, those six interesting things went to fast, I want to read more.
I wouldn't be too embarrased about your seventies music choice, or maybe I should be embarrassed I liked a few of those artists too. Oh and about that sensitive smell thing, I have two thoughts, good luck when you become pregnant I hear from many people that your sense of smell is heightened and about school children it doesn't take much for grownups to be grossed out by their sweaty bodies, that is saying a lot from me who has a horrible sense of smell.
Love your guts.

Kecia said...

Yeah - you have a blog page too! You have to tell Richie (Richard - still weird to say Richie) hi for me! I thought about him a lot my last few weeks as I was training the new girl. I sang a few old favorites like "Gun Cabinet," "Log OUT," and "AAAH, Todd Mack." I wanted to sing them to her, but I didn't. The Wicked witch of the west has moved, plus Elke and Stephanie Austin...but there are new fun tenants to deal with. We miss both of you guys! And Glenn is struggling to find places to watch the games this year...so he REALLY misses Richie...lol.

Kim and Scott said...

Was the Kim you tagged me?

jeanine said...

I have super smelling as well! It just gets worse when you're pregnant though!