Monday, October 1, 2007

Football

Well, Tucson is quite hot. I don't remember it being this hot when I lived here before. Perhaps that was because we went to Utah every summer. I don't know. But it feels like you step into an oven every time you walk outside.
Teaching here is great! The district I am in is awesome. I love the principal and teachers that I work with. I love my little 3rd graders too. They are so sweet!
Today was the first 2007 BYU football game again the University of Arizona. I woke up to Richie reading Cougar Board on the internet. When he saw that I was awake, he started doing a BYU dance. The way he moved was the same way Fui Vakapuna moves after he makes a good play. He puts one knee up at a time, stomps them down, makes fists, and shakes...and grunts...I guess I can't really explain it. But it's funny. And what made it even funnier was that he was doing it in his underwear. I asked him if I could put him doing that on Cougar Board, but he denied my request. Then he talked, and talked, and talked, about all his excitement, worries, concerns, players, etc. He read cougar board again, watched a highlight video of last season, then called his brother and brother in law to talk about the upcoming game. His brother Ryan came over, and they continued to discuss BYU football, the game, the players, the coaches, the conference, and last years' game against Arizona. THEN they watched the highlight video again, and listened to a song they chose as this year's theme song for the cougars. We made our way back over to Ryan's place, where we listened on the internet radio to KSL News Pregame Show...for 2 hours. Then we watched the game for another 3 1/2 hours. There was a lot of arguing with refs, shouting, shaking of the head, jumping around, cheering, and all the time, Richie was standing practically the whole game. Don't you worry, after the game wasn't the end of it. Then it was on to the post-game stuff. Interveiws, radio stuff, Cougar Board, and who knows what else? The next many phone calls were made to people Richie could talk football with. And he did. And this addicted, psychotic, behavior is ongoing, and you wouldn't believe it, but I love it!

3 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

So you moved back to AZ?? Welcome to the land of microwave heat. And YES it has always been that way. When I visited for the summer (yes summer, a dumb idea) it felt like my feet were melting on the asfault. EW!!

Cherise said...

yea! I am so glad you are a fellow blogger. Let me know if you have any questions on that soccer registration!

Mariah said...

Hey there,
So blogging is the way to go, huh? Yes, Tucson has always been this HOT, but you had genius parents that got the heck out of here every summer. Aren't you sad you missed out on melting for all those years??