Saturday, July 12, 2008

Beeeeeeautiful!

Tucsonians look forward to monsoon season all year long! The storms have come a little early this year and it is wonderful! One night I swear it stormed all night long. It seemed that every time I woke up to tinkle, it was raining! I love the sound of those big drops of water beating on the warm earth. I love it as it taps gently at my window. I looked out the window each time I woke and thought that the water was very possibly going to start leaking through my door crack! Luckily not, but in the morning, what a glorious sight to take in! I went on a morning walk around the apartment complex and marveled at the beauty of the desert after her long awaited drink. To many it may not seem that wonderful, but after living here a while, the "greens" have actually begun to look green to me! I now see several of the shades. And oh the smell of the desert after a monsoon...! Behold, the desert! (Okay so our apartment complex may cheat a little, but still!)





3 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I am bummed that you live in the apartment right behing the one we live in and we dont' live there. We could have totally hung out all the time with our new babies!!

Joni said...

You are a great writer! I felt like I was seeing, feeling and smelling it!

Linda said...

I don't know how I missed this post--the pictures are beautiful and you expressed the very same sentiments I feel about the desert and the rain.