Monday, September 7, 2009

Mylie's Newest

Mylie has grown in so many ways. She keeps me on my toes and certainly keeps us laughing.

1. Mylie started walking around 11 months, and is now a pretty good little runner too.
2. She still loves books, especially Richie's Gospel Principles book in which she can simply shuffle through the pages. That keeps her occupied for quite a long time.
3. She loves playing in her crib--as long as we're in the room with her. She holds on to the rails, jumps, giggles, and plays peek-a-boo with her blankets. She also lies down in her crib and goes crazy kicking, wiggling, shaking her head like crazy and making funky noises.
4. Every single day Mylie makes her way into our bedroom, finds Richie's alarm clock, opens up his night stand drawer and places the alarm clock inside the drawer. Then she closes it and her task is complete. I think she's taken on her Grandma Jo and Great Grandma Wannie's traits. PUT YOUR THINGS AWAY! Richie and I get a good laugh about that every night when he goes to set his alarm clock and it's not where is should be.
5. She is communicating what she wants fairly well. She has learned to sign eat, more, water, milk, all done, again, please, and thank you.
6. Mylie makes animal sounds of a duck, fish, dog, pig, monkey, elephant, dinosaur and lion, and even makes the sounds of a car and tractor!
7. Her words that have meaning are now "dada, mama, duck, and hot." I think she tries to say "I love you" too.
8. Mylie loves being chased. Tell her to run and she'll take off with a squeal.

We just love our little lady and really enjoy every stage of her development!


1 comment:

Swa said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! I'm into sewing too and I love it! I have a couple of links on my blog to other sites that I have gotten my ideas from, so take a look if you get bored ;) How have you taught Mylie to sign? Has it been from those movies or have you just done it on your own? Thanks for all the updates! Love it!