Thursday, September 25, 2008

Little Miss Stubborn!


Mylie is now 9 weeks and weighs 12 pounds! She has gained an average of 8.7 oz a week. She's got chubby little cheeks and legs and arms. We call her our little piglet. She can roll from her back to her side. She smiles a lot and almost has a real giggle. She tries to laugh and it's so cute! She likes to look at books, listen to music and singing, and be held. She likes to go outside and on short walks in her stroller. She doesn't like to be put down much, and she especially hates tummy time. She'll cry for quite a while after that tortuous activity! I put her in my little baby carrier that straps on my body and holds her to do my chores. She likes to vacuum with me. Her favorite toy is a stuffed elephant with different patterns all over it's body and ears. She has something in common with Albert Einstein. When she wakes up or rides in her car seat, she magically has crazy hair! She loves Richie. When I can't get her to sleep, I hand her over to Richie and she's usually out within about 5 min. She is as stubborn as can be. She REFUSES to go down...bed time OR nap time...unless she is breastfed, even if she's not hungry! I didn't even start out doing that, but that's the only way to get her down anymore. Yesterday was awful. She took a 1 1/2 hour nap in the morning, and two 30 minute naps in the afternoon. THEN she wouldn't go to bed until 11:00 pm. She was SO whiny! At her last Dr. appointment he said, "Well you've certainly got a little lady with a personality!" I think he meant to say that she was stubborn. Yeah, he did.























That's some crazy hair for ya!

And for some great news, Mylie is going to have a new cousin in June! That's right folks, Aunt Cassie is pregnant! And not to mention, Aunt Patrice is having a baby girl in November...we can hardly wait!

12 comments:

Linda said...

What a doll! She does look like she has lots of personality--watch out Angie! It's great to have a child full of life and ready to meet the world. And you're just the right kind of Mom.

Thanks for the BYU scores--I keep up with each game, but it's good to see them all together.

Liz said...

She is a cutie pa-tootie for sure.
Sorry about the hard nap situation but her crazy hair is just too funny. We're coming down this weekend on Saturday you should come on over to play a new game we've learned, it should be fun.
Congrats Cassie for the wonderful news.

Rachel said...

Okay- did I not say to look out! I had no doubt that she would be stubborn, it's just in her genes! She is so dang cute though. Love the pictures of her smiling! Tell Cassie congrats too!

Brittanie said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe how big she is getting. Sleeping is such a hard struggle. Reagan is still not a great sleeper. I think personality definately plays into it all. We are the same parents and Ainsley sleeps like a doll. Good Luck! You look great.

Maria said...

Love the new photos!!She is so stinking cute!!

Mariah said...

I love it. It's fantastic when they think they are in charge. Sadly they usually are. :-D Someday she'll be a teenager and you'll wonder if she's ever gonna get up. I actually am kinda excited for teenagers that sleep in, because then I can too. hee hee What fun hair!

The Baker Family said...

She's so much fun. I'm trying to think what joel and I did to get Jaden to go down. I think we just kept to a routin but when they are that young it's a little hard to. You look great. Congrats to Cassie on the Awesome news. :)

Mommas said...

PLEASE keep posting thses picutres this often. I can't get enough of seeing her. I want to HOLD her! Congratulations to Cassie too. I know how happy she must be.

Dansie Family said...

she is definitely tc. how fun for you. thanks for the fun pictures.

Waggoner Family said...

She is so cute! I hate the nap time thing! I hope things are well for you. I think about you all the time and wonder what you are up to. Miss you and love you!

Joni said...

I love the pics you post of Mylie...and you and Richie, too! Keep them coming. She changes weekly. She's sooooooo TC!!! Can't wait to see you guys! Love you tons.

Mommas said...

Too cute